Online training program for water utility infrastructure management professionals
Exclusive Four-Part Series in Asset Management Certification
Click here for answers to frequently asked questions about CTAM.
CTAM-100 – Overview of Asset Management
CTAM-200 – Developing an Asset Management Program
CTAM-300 – Managing an Asset Management Program
CTAM-400 – Financing an Asset Management Program
Advanced Asset Management Planning
More and more, utilities are addressing these concerns by implementing a holistic approach for water utility infrastructure management that includes advanced asset management planning. In developing these plans, it is essential to:
- Select and utilize advanced technology
- Develop and adopt best management practices
- Develop and implement effective training program
- Develop and execute awareness programs for public and political decision makers
Why offer courses in Asset Management?
The Buried Asset Management Institute-International (BAMI-I) created the Certification of Training in Asset Management (CTAM) program to increase awareness and train utility personnel on the best way to implement and use asset management to extend the life and efficiency of their water and wastewater systems. The CTAM series is an online educational process for obtaining certification of training in management of underground asset infrastructure.
Levels of Certification
- Certificate of Completion – requires completion of each course
- Associate Water Asset Manager (AWAM) – requires completion of CTAM 100-400 and an application submitted to BAMI-I Asset Management Board
- Professional Water Asset Manager (PWAM) – requires completion of CTAM 100-400, four years of relevant asset management experience and an application submitted to BAMI-I Asset Management Certification Board
Benefits of the CTAM Series
- Expand your knowledge and access to resources to enable you to initiate, continue or improve your own asset management program
- Earn internationally recognized certification in the field of asset management
- Earn 1 CEU / 10 PDHs* for each course completed
Course fees range from $345-$495 per course, which includes course manuals, exams, study tools, certificates of completion and CEUs/PDHs. Additional fees will be required for AWAM and PWAM certification applications.
Questions? Call or email Vicki Miner at 330.467.7588 or email@example.com
*Registrants have six months from the time of enrollment to complete each CTAM course. Each course takes an average of 20 hours to complete depending on the individual’s background and experience. CEUs/PDHs will not be issued until each course and its exams are completed. Each course is independent of the others; however, it is recommended that they be taken in sequence. All courses must be completed prior to applying for AWAM or PWAM certification.